The New Jersey State Policemen’s Benevolent Association in conjunction with Accurate Diagnostic Labs and The New Jersey Doctor Patient Alliance has designed a program that will afford our members the ability to obtain a test to determine if they carry the antibodies for COVID-19. Both the Doctor Patient Alliance and Accurate Diagnostic are assisting us with access to testing to our members, we ask that you be patient with them and work out any issues with them directly. If you have any issues that cannot be resolved by the provider or the lab you may contact Kevin Lyons at the State Office for assistance.
The procedure will be as follows:
- The members will contact a Medical Provider on the list provided to your State Delegate to schedule and participate in a telemedicine visit. During the scheduling, you will advise the scheduler that you are registering for the PBA COVID-19 antibody test and provide your insurance ID and Personal information, NO EXCEPTIONS. You should speak to a Doctor within 24 Hours. The visit will be via telehealth so the geographical location and type of practice of the office you choose to use does not matter all the Doctors are trained to address testing.
- The Provider will provide the member with a prescription with the following information:
FAX, PHONE, NPI, and ADDRESS of Practice
- Member (patient) should record the name of the Doctor that they spoke to as this will be the provider that advises you of your test results.
- The provider will provide a copy of the prescription to the testing center of the member (patient’s) choice. (Please your State Delegate for a Provider and draw site list spreadsheet)
- Members will go to the testing facility of their choice as listed on the spreadsheet and will provide insurance info and ID, NO EXCEPTIONS, and be tested. Wait times should be minimal at the collection sites.
There will be no cost share for the member for COVID related telemedicine or testing, regardless of your plan.
After testing, members will receive their results from the provider that they used, members should not contact Accurate Diagnostics or the collection sites.